19.8.10

So. Much. Rain.

They say 'when it rains it pours'.What they don't tell you is that in Lower Alabama this happens more often than in most places.

Below is a picture from Sunday, when a cyclonic storm brought heavy rain and dumped it right on top of Midtown. This picture was taken after much of the water had drained. The line of dead leaves in the yard is where the water flooded up to. There was a car stuck on the side street and the driver had to climb out his driver side window to escape. Can you imagine what this place will look like if a hurricane comes? Just water and rooftops!



Of course that sort of rain doesn't happen every day. But it still comes almost daily, and when it does, it pours. Even right now as I'm typing sheets of water are falling across my front porch - ruining my potted flower garden :(

If anyone ever wonders why Alabama is so green, wonder no more.


On a different note, some things I am happy about:


I am THRILLED that ultra-high-waisted skirts and dresses are in. For those of us with love handles that could steer a bus, this is good news!


Also, I think this is my favorite song right now:


The Band Perry
Kimberly's voice is sultry, almost jazzy, but not quite as raspy as Amy Winehouse. But it's different than what we're hearing from most country artists these days, and this group writes their own music, which is always admirable. Plus, isn't her hair fantastic?

And lastly, I have to post about the amazing artwork of Allen and Patty Eckman. Their medium is paper, their subject most things Native American, and their craftmanship is unbelievable. I would love for their work to be displayed at the Mobile Museum of Art. See it for yourself!




That's all for today! Thanks again for browsing.

No comments:

Post a Comment